Assistant Professor , Communication Technology Laboratory , Deputy head
|Title:||Ass. Prof., PhD.|
|Telephone:||+386 (02) 220 7351|
Main research topics
- big data
- blockchain technology
- smart contracts
- security and privacy in the Internet of Things
- security protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks
- secutrity protocols for the Internet of Things
- quantum cryptography
- privacy and security in computer systems
List of selected publications
- TURKANOVIĆ, Muhamed, HÖLBL, Marko, KOŠIČ, Kristjan, HERIČKO, Marjan, KAMIŠALIĆ LATIFIĆ, Aida. EduCTX: A blockchain-based higher education credit platform. IEEE access, ISSN 2169-3536, Dec. 2018, vol. 6, iss. 1, str. 5112-5127, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2789929. [COBISS.SI-ID 21085718]
- TURKANOVIĆ, Muhamed, BRUMEN, Boštjan, HÖLBL, Marko. A novel user authentication and key agreement scheme for heterogeneous ad-hoc wireless sensor networks, based on the Internet of Things notion. Ad hoc networks, ISSN 1570-8705, 2014, vol. 20, str. 96-112, doi: 10.1016/j.adhoc.2014.03.009. [COBISS.SI-ID 17757974]
- TURKANOVIĆ, Muhamed, HÖLBL, Marko. The (in)adequacy of applicative use of quantum cryptography in wireless sensor networks. Quantum information processing, ISSN 1570-0755, Oct. 2014, vol. 13, iss. 10, str. 2255-2275, doi: 10.1007/s11128-014-0769-z. [COBISS.SI-ID 17916950]
- SABZINEJAD FARASH, Mohammad, TURKANOVIĆ, Muhamed, KUMARI, Saru, HÖLBL, Marko. An efficient user authentication and key agreement scheme for heterogeneous wireless sensor network tailored for the Internet of Things environment. Ad hoc networks, ISSN 1570-8705, Jan. 2016, vol. 36, part 1, str. 152-176, doi: 10.1016/j.adhoc.2015.05.014. [COBISS.SI-ID 18766614]
- TURKANOVIĆ, Muhamed, HÖLBL, Marko. Notes on "A temporal-credential-based mutual authentication and key agreement scheme for wireless sensor networks". Wireless personal communications, ISSN 0929-6212, Jul. 2014, vol. 77, iss. 2, str. 907-922, doi: 10.1007/s11277-013-1543-8. [COBISS.SI-ID 17378838]
- TURKANOVIĆ, Muhamed, HÖLBL, Marko. An improved dynamic password-based user authentication scheme for hierarchical wireless sensor networks. Elektronika ir elektrotechnika, ISSN 1392-1215. [Print ed.], 2013, vol. 19, no. 6, str. 109-116, doi: 10.5755/j01.eee.19.6.2038. [COBISS.SI-ID 16929302]
Reviewer for journals
- Information sciences, Elsevier.
- Ad hoc networks, Elsevier.
- Quantum information processing, Springer
- Computer Standars & Interfaces, Elsevier
- IEEE sensors journal, IEEE.
- IEEE communications letters, IEEE.
- IEEE transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics. Systems, IEEE.
- IET information security, IET.
- Sensors, MDPI
- Entropy, MDPI
- Applied Sciences, MDPI
- Telecommunication systems, Springer.
- Journal of network and computer applications, Elsevier
- Microsystem technologies, Springer
- Wireless personal communications, Springer
- Journal of medical systems, Springer
- International journal of information privacy, security and integrity, Inderscience.
- International journal of distributed sensor networks, Taylor and Francis.
- The Open cybernetics & systemics journal, Bentham Science.
- International Journal of Communication Systems, John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Computers, MDPI
- Information, MDPI
- Journal of computational methods in sciences and engineering, Cambridge International Science.
- Journal of computer engineering & information technology, SciTechnol.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India. Section A, Physical sciences, NAS India
- IFIP SEC - 32nd International Conference on ICT Systems Security and Privacy Protection
- Journal of Engineering and Technology Research. Lagos
- Member of the Council of the Research and Development Center of the University of Maribor (RAZ: UM), 2019 - 2020
- Head of the Digital Innovation Hub of the University of Maribor (DIH UM), 2019
- Assistant Professor, University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, from december 2016
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in the field of Computer Science, 2016
- CEO of CEI-Sis, Maribor, 2015-2017
- CTO of CEI-Systems OG, Salzburg - Austria, 2013-2015
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 2011
- Developer and project manager, 2007-2013
Assistant professor in the following courses:
- SQL Programming (1st year of Informatics and technologies of communication, 1st cycle Bologna studies)
- Business intelligence and data quality (1st year of Informatics and technologies of communication, 2nd cycle Bologna studies)
- Database modelling (1st year of Informatics and technologies of communication, 2nd cycle Bologna studies)
- Databases 1 (1st year of Informatics and technologies of communication, 1st cycle Bologna studies)
- Databases 2 (3th year of Informatics and technologies of communication, 1nd cycle Bologna studies)
- Information systems review and auditing (3th year of Informatics and technologies of communication, 1nd cycle Bologna studies)
Teaching Assistant in the following courses:
- Databases 1 (1. letnik ITK, RIT, TK, univerzitetni bolonjski študij 1. stopnje)
- 2019 - ICAT BCTA - Special Session "Blockchain Technology and its applications" within the 27th International Conference Information, Communication and Automation Technologies, 21-23 October, Sarajevo, BiH
- 2018 - ICBAIT18 - International Conference on Big Data Analytics and Intelligent Technologies, Marec 1-2, Madurai - Tamil Nadu - India
- 2019, OTS'2019 - The 24. Conference of Modern Technologies and Services, 18-19 June, Maribor
- 2019, BlockchainForum - Forum within the 17th International conference of Business Process management (BPM 2019)
- 2018, DASC'2018 - The 16th IEEE International Conference on Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing, August 12-15, Athens, Greece
- 2017, CSS'2017 - Collaboration, software and service in information society, October 9-13, Ljubljana - Slovenia
- 2020-2023, DE4A (Digital Europe for All), H2020
- 2018-2021, SmartVillages (Smart digital transformation of villages in the Alpine space region), Interreg Alpine Space
- 2018, SmartInsTech (Blockchain run smart contracts in business processes), A creative way towards knowledge 2017-2020
- 2019, CONCORDIA (Cyber Security Competence for Research and Innovation), H2020
- 2018, EkoSMART
- 2013, Microsoft Technology Associate: Database Administration Fundamentals
- 2015-2016, Sentinels of Science Award for Computer Science 2015-2016, for review activities, by Publons
- 2018, Award for professional work in 2018 from Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- 2019, eAward for the EduCTX platform as the best software solution in Slovenia for 2019 - given out by the Slovene Society Informatika
- Full report can be found on COBISS-u.
- Full CV is being prepared.