Institute of informatics has a long history of conference organization. Since 1996 we organize OTS conference, which every year attracts more than 200 participants. Occasionally, we host international conferences like Knowledge Management in Organizations - KMO (in the years 2015 and 2006), International Conference on Information Modeling and Knowledge Base - EJC (in the years 2001, 2009 and 2015) and others.
Until today we hosted
OTS Conference - Advanced Information Technologies and Services
Every year in June since 1996 we organize OTS conference. In two days, more than 20 lectures on current topics, challenges and good practices in the field of information technologies are presented. Lecturers from private and public sectors as well as from academia co-create a broad spectrum of exchange of ideas, opinions and personal experiences. Lecturers on workshops, that are held on the second day of the conference, present detailed knowledge on selected technologies and approaches. In the evening the social event is taking place, where there is plenty of opportunity for networking.
International conference on Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases - EJC
The series of the European – Japanese Conference on Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases (EJC) originally started as a co-operation initiative between Japan and Finland in 1982. The practical operations were then organized by professor Ohsuga in Japan and professors Hannu Kangassalo and Hannu Jaakkola in Finland (Nordic countries). Geographical scope has expanded to cover Europe and also other countries. Because of that “European Japanese” in the title of the conference was replaced by “International” in 2014.
- 2015: 25th International Conference on Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases - EJC2015: Maribor, Slovenia, June 8-12, 2015
- 2009: 19th European-Japanese Conference on Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases: Maribor, Slovenia, June 1-5, 2009
- 2001: 11th European-Japanese Conference on Information Modelling and Knowledge Bases: Maribor, Slovenia
Knowledge management in organizations - KMO
The conference has been one of the most important Knowledge Management conferences over the last nine years in Asia and Europe.
- 2015: Knowledge management in organizations - KMO 2006: Maribor Slovenia, August 24-28, 2015
- 2006: Knowledge management in organizations - KMO 2006: Maribor Slovenia, June 13-14, 2006
International Workshop on Learning Technology for Education in Cloud - LTEC
The International Workshop on Learning Technology for Education in Cloud provides the scientific community a dedicated forum for discussing research and presentation of their work.
- LTEC 2015 - The 4th International Workshop on Learning Technology for Education in Cloud, August 24-28, 2015
Erasmus Congress and Exhibition - Eracon 2017
The institute of informatics helped organized the 13th annual Erasmus Congress and Exhibition – ERACON 2017, which was held in Maribor, Slovenia from 9-13 May 2017. Erasmus Coordinators, Placement and Internships Managers, Researchers and Professionals with an interest in the Erasmus Programme and belong either to the academic or business world, were invited to participate in the Congress and to make presentations and submit written papers on their experiences in areas related to the Erasmus Programme.
- ERACON 2017 - Erasmus Congress and Exhibition 2017
Software Quality Analysis, Monitoring, Improvement, and Applications - SQAMIA
The main goal of SQAMIA workshop series is to provide a forum for presentation, discussion and dissemination of the latest scientific findings in the area of software quality, and the establishment and improvement of interaction and cooperation between scientists and young researchers from the region and beyond.
- SQAMIA 2015 - 4th Workshop on Software Quality Analysis, Monitoring, Improvement, and Applications, June 8-10 2015, Maribor, Slovenia
European Association for Education in Electrical and Information Engineering - EAEEIE
The objective of the Conference is to bring together lecturers, researchers and professionals in the field of EIE all over Europe with the aim to exchange ideas and information and contribute to the development of EIE education.
- The 22nd EAEEIE Annual Conference: EAEEIE 2011, June 13-15 2011, Maribor Slovenia.
European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming - ECOOP
The European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming covers all areas of object technology and related software development technologies.
- ECOOP 2010, Maribor, Slovenia, 21-25 June 2010.
Advances in Databases and Information Systems - ADBIS
The main objective of the ADBIS series of conferences is to provide a forum for the dissemination of research accomplishments and to promote interaction and collaboration between the database and information systems research communities from Central and East European countries and the rest of the world. The ADBIS conferences provide an international platform for the presentation of research on database theory, development of advanced DBMS technologies, and their advanced applications.
- Advances in Databases and Information Systems, Third East European Conference, ADBIS'99, Maribor, Slovenia, September 13-16, 1999
Annual discussion of INFORMATIKA Association
- 2017 - Digital security, 10. 1. 2017
- 2015 - Cyber security, 8. 12. 2015
- 2014 - Security and privacy, 11. 3. 2014
The Slovenian Technology Platform dedicated to Software, Services and Data members' conference
- NESSI 2010, 16. 6. 2010, Maribor
- NESSI 2009, 11. 6. 2009, Maribor
- NESSI 2008, 12. junij 2008, Maribor