|Telephone:||+386 2 220 7295|
- 1998 - Ph.D. in Computer Science (University of Maribor)
- 1993 - M.Sc. in Computer Science (University of Maribor)
- 1989 - B.Sc. in Computer Science (University of Maribor)
- Prva Gimnazija Maribor (Grammar School)
- All at the University of Maribor, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science since 2008 Full Professor
- 2003 – 2008 Associate Professor
- 1998 - 2003 Assistant Professor
- 1992 - 1998 Teaching Assistant
- 1989 - 1992 Researcher
Main research interests
- Information Systems Development
- Software and Service Engineering
- SOA, Component-Based Development, Object-orientation
- Agile methods, Process Frameworks
- Software Metrics, Functional Size Measurement
- Software reuse, Software patterns
- Knowledge Management and Semantic Technologies
- Distributed Object Models Performance and Efficiency
Recent Teaching Courses
- IS Architectures and Patterns
- Object-Oriented Programming in Java
- Information Systems Development postgraduate (M.Sc.) courses:
- Development of Information Systems and Services
- ERP systems postgraduate (Ph.D.) courses:
- Software and Service Engineering
- Empirical Software Engineering
- since 2015 Head of the Institute of Informatics, Faculty of EE&CS since 2003 - Head of the Information Systems Laboratory, Faculty of EE&CS since 2003 - Member of the Faculty Mng. Board
- since 2007 – Member of the Senate of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- 2007 – 2011 Member of the Senate of the University of Maribor
- 2003 – 2015 Deputy Head of the Institute of Informatics, Faculty of EE&CS
- 1995 – 2008 Technical co-ordinator for COT activities (COT – Object Technology Center – from
- 2004 Center of Excellence for Advanced Information Technologies and Services)
- 2005 – 2011 CIMRŠ (Centre for Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Research and Studies at the University of Maribor), Member of Adv. Board
- since 2006 – Scientific co-ordinator of the Slovenian Technology Platform for Software and Services, Technology Platform Steering Committee Member
- Member (2000-2004) and in 2003 and 2004 Chairman of the National Subject Examination Committee for Computer Science
- 2001 – 2015 Member of the Scientific and Research Board at the Faculty of EE&CS
- 2011 – 2015 Member of the Scientific Committee for Technical Sciences at Slovenian Research Agency
- In 2007 he received a certificate making him eligible to act as a Member of the Supervisory and Executive Boards
Dr. Heričko has been a project or work co-ordinator in several applied projects for industrial partners, e.g. Mikropis Holding, IZUM, Iskratel, Infonet, RRC Računalniške storitve, RC IRC Celje, Telekom Slovenije, Mobitel, Hermes SoftLab, Nova KBM, Zavarovalnica Maribor, Energy Agency of the Republic Slovenia, BuyITC, such as:
- 24alife – Stress Management Mobile Solution
- Mobile platform for service sector industry
- Analysis and development guidelines of user-centric e-services in Slovenia
- Conceptual Design of an e-business System Based on ebXML
- Reference Model for Further Integration of e-business into the Juridical System
- Design and Implementation of Datawarehouse and Electronic Data Exchange
- Technological Reengineering of the COBISS System
- Electronic Fee Collection for Flee-Flow Traffic
- Business Documents Management and Archival System
- Transition to Object-Technology and Component-Based Development
- KC Class - Cloud Assisted ServiceS (Slovenian Competence Center), PaaS project
- CII-HU-0019-05-1516 CEEPUS International Cooperation in Computer Science
- STREP-027607 mGBL Mobile Game Based Learning
- RS-BI-RS-JR/2015/134 Multidimensional quality control for e-business applications
- I-CN/11-13-019 Ontology Based Advisement Approach for SOA Design Patterns
- BI-FI/11-12-014 Improving the acceptance of business process models with introducing aspects
- BI-IT/11-13-007 Evaluation of the Quality Index using the Software Metrics Repository PROM
- BI-FI/11-12-014 Improving the Acceptance of Business Process Models by Introducing Aspects
- BI-SR/10-11-027 Towards a More Useful Software Metrics Tools
- BI-AT/09-10-004 Service Innovation in small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- BI-GB/08-005 Introducing Services Science in Higher Education Curriculum
- BI-HU/06-07-011 Application of OO Metrics to Estimate .NET Project Software Size BI-AT/07-08-001 The Use of Advanced Tools for Knowledge Management in Small and Medium Enterprises
- Joint Slovenian-Russian project SMIF - Software Metrics Integration Framework
Professional Memberships and awards
- Member of IEEE Society (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- Member of ACM (Association for Computing Machinery)
- Member of AIS (Association for Information Systems)
- Member of Slovenian Society of Informatics
- 2016 - Award for research results transfer to business environments and industry (from Slovenian Society Informatika)
- 2010 – Award for Teaching Excellence (from Faculty of EE&CS)
- 2010 – The best paper in software services published by the most active researchers or teams from new member states of Europe in a journal with high impact factor on the scientific community2006 – Recognition Award for outstanding collaboration with Slovenian industry in the area of Informatics (from Faculty of EE&CS)
- 2006 – Award for outstanding collaboration with Slovenian industry in the area of Informatics (from Faculty of EE&CS)
Conference Committee Member and Chair
- Since 2001 - Program Committee Chair of the International Conference CIS Collaboration and Information Society (from 2007 Collaboration, Software and Services in Information Society) organized in the scope of Multi-Conference Information Society
- Chair of the International Conference KMO’2006 Knowledge Management in Organisations
- Since 1996 he has been involved in the organization of the OTS Conference (http://cot.unimb.si/ots2006/) – (from 1996 to 2005 called Object Technology in Slovenia, then renamed (in 2006) to Advanced Technologies and Services in Slovenia) – As an OTS Conference and PC Chair, he participated in the organization of twelve OTS conferences aimed at fostering transition to and adoption of advanced information technologies and approaches based on the presentation of practical experiences and advancements of technologies, methods and approaches to information solutions development.
- SQAMIA 2015 General Chair
- 4th Workshop on Software Quality Analysis, Monitoring, Improvement, and Applications
- ECOOP 2010 Conference Co-Chair
- 24th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming
- Program Committee member of international conferences KMO (Knowledge Management in Organisations), SPICE Conference on Process Assessment and Improvement, international workshop SESAMOSS - Sharing ExperienceS on Agile Methodologies in Open Source Software development, and domestic INPRO conference (Informatics and Law).
Research work, visits and lectures at foreign universities
- 2006: one-month visit to the Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Informatics, Budapest, Hungary
- 2005: one-month visit to the University of Vaasa, Faculty of Technology, Vaasa, Finland
- January 2016 Lapland University of Applied sciences, Rovaniemi, Finland
- May 2014 Technical University in Košice, Slovakia
- Sept 2012 Jilin University, Changchun, China
- May 2012 Tampere University of Technology, Pori, Finland
- May 2011 Constantine The Philosopher University in Nitra; Slovakia
- May 2010 Blekinge Institute of Technology, Ronneby, Sweeden
- Dec 2009 – MCI - Management Center Innsbruck, Austria
- Sept 2008– Staffordshire University, Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Technology
- Feb 2007 – MCI - Management Center Innsbruck, Avstrija
- Aug 2007 – ELTE Budimpešta, Madžarska
- Aug 2006 - University of Vaasa, Faculty of Technology, Vaasa, Finska
- Nov 1998 Far Eastern Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, Vladivostok, Russia
PhD thesis defence committee member / opponent
- Oct 2015: Free University of Bolzano, Italy (2 candidates)
- Sept 2015 University of Novi Sad, Serbia
Reviewer for journals
- Journal of Systems and Software
- Information and Software Technology
- Advances in Engineering Software
- Concurrency and Computation
- Computer Science and Information Systems
- Applied Informatics
- Organization – Journal of Management, Informatics and Human Resources Electrotechnical Review
Selected journal publications
- JOŠT, Gregor, HUBER, Jernej, HERIČKO, Marjan, POLANČIČ, Gregor. An empirical investigation of intuitive understandability of process diagrams. Computer standards & interfaces, ISSN 09205489. [Print ed.], Nov. 2016, vol. 48, str. 90-111, doi: 10.1016/j.csi.2016.04.006.
- NEMEC ZLATOLAS, Lili, WELZER-DRUŽOVEC, Tatjana, HERIČKO, Marjan, HÖLBL, Marko. Privacy antecedents for SNS self-disclosure : the case of Facebook. Computers in human behavior, ISSN 0747-5632. [Print ed.], April 2015, vol. 45, str. 158-167, doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2014.12.012.
- POLANČIČ, Gregor, JOŠT, Gregor, HERIČKO, Marjan. An experimental investigation comparing individual and collaborative work productivity when using desktop and cloud modeling tools.
Empirical software engineering, ISSN 1382-3256, Feb. 2015, vol. 20, iss. 1, str. 142-175, doi: 10.1007/s10664-013-9280-x.
- PUŠNIK, Maja, HAREJ, Katja, HERIČKO, Marjan, JURIČ, Matjaž B., ŠUMAK, Boštjan. Investigation of developer's perceptions in XML schema development using textual and visual tool types. International journal of software engineering and knowledge engineering, ISSN 0218-1940, 2014, vol. 24, no. 3, str. 445-463, doi: 10.1142/S021819401450017X.
- LUKMAN, Tomaž, GODENA, Giovanni, GRAY, Jeffrey G., HERIČKO, Marjan, STRMČNIK, Stanko. Model-driven engineering of process control software beyond device-centric abstractions.
Control engineering practice, ISSN 0967-0661. [Print ed.], 2013, vol. 21, no. 8, str. 1078-1096, doi: 10.1016/j.conengprac.2013.03.013.
- BRUMEN, Boštjan, HERIČKO, Marjan, ROZMAN, Ivan, HÖLBL, Marko. Security analysis and improvements to the psychopass method. Journal of medical internet research, ISSN 1438-8871, 2013, vol. 15, iss. 8, str. 1-7, doi: 10.2196/jmir.2366.
- KRAJNC, Andrej, HERIČKO, Marjan, GERLEC, Črt, GOLJAT, Uroš, POLANČIČ, Gregor. Experimental investigation of the quality and productivity of software factories based development. Computer science and information systems, ISSN 1820-0214. [Print ed.], 2012, vol. 9, iss. 2, str. 667689, doi: 10.2298/CSIS110720007K.
- GERLEC, Črt, RAKIĆ, Gordana, BUDIMAC, Zoran, HERIČKO, Marjan. A programming language independent framework for metrics-based software evolution and analysis. Computer science and information systems, ISSN 1820-0214. [Print ed.], 2012, vol. 9, iss. 3, str. 1155-1186, doi: 10.2298/CSIS120104026G.
- POLANČIČ, Gregor, HERIČKO, Marjan, PAVLIČ, Luka. Developers' perceptions of object-oriented frameworks - an investigation into the impact of technological and individual characteristics.
Computers in human behavior, ISSN 0747-5632. [Print ed.], 2011, vol. 27, iss. 2, str. 730-740, doi: 10.1016/j.chb.2010.10.006.
- ŠUMAK, Boštjan, HERIČKO, Marjan, PUŠNIK, Maja, POLANČIČ, Gregor. Factors affecting acceptance and use of Moodle : an empirical study based on TAM. Informatica, ISSN 0350-5596, Mar. 2011, vol. 35, no. 1, str. 91-100.
- ŽIVKOVIČ, Aleš, GOLJAT, Uroš, HERIČKO, Marjan. Improving the usability of the source code quality index with interchangeable metrics sets. Information processing letters, ISSN 0020-0190. [Print ed.], Feb. 2010, vol. 110, iss. 6, str. 236-240, doi: 10.1016/j.ipl.2010.01.002.
- POLANČIČ, Gregor, HERIČKO, Marjan, ROZMAN, Ivan. An empirical examination of application frameworks success based on technology acceptance model. The Journal of Systems and Software, ISSN 0164-1212. [Print ed.], Apr. 2010, vol. 83, iss. 4, str. 574-584, doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2009.10.036.
- HERIČKO, Marjan, ŽIVKOVIČ, Aleš. The size and effort estimates in iterative development. Information and software technology, ISSN 0950-5849. [Print ed.], June 2008, vol. 50, iss. 7-8, str.772-781, doi: 10.1016/j.infsof.2007.08.005.
- HERIČKO, Marjan, ŽIVKOVIČ, Aleš, ROZMAN, Ivan. An approach to optimizing software development team size. Information processing letters, ISSN 0020-0190. [Print ed.], Oct. 2008, vol. 108, iss. 3, str. 101-106.
- JURIČ, Matjaž B., ROZMAN, Ivan, BRUMEN, Boštjan, COLNARIČ, Matjaž, HERIČKO, Marjan. Comparison of performance of Web services, WS-security, RMI, and RMI-SSL. The Journal of Systems and Software, ISSN 0164-1212. [Print ed.], May 2006, vol. 79, iss. 5, str. 689-700.
- HERIČKO, Marjan, ROZMAN, Ivan, ŽIVKOVIČ, Aleš. A formal representation of functional size measurement methods. The Journal of Systems and Software, ISSN 0164-1212. [Print ed.], 2006, vol. 79, iss. 9, str. 1341-1358.
- BELOGLAVEC, Simon, HERIČKO, Marjan, JURIČ, Matjaž B., ROZMAN, Ivan. Analysis of the limitations of multiple client handling in a Java server environment. SIGPLAN notices, ISSN 03621340, April 2005, vol. 40, no 4, str. 20-28.
- HERIČKO, Marjan, JURIČ, Matjaž B., ŽIVKOVIČ, Aleš, ROZMAN, Ivan, DOMAJNKO, Tomaž, KRISPER, Marjan. Java and distributed object models : an analysis. SIGPLAN notices, ISSN 03621340, December 1998, 33, št. 12, str. 57-65.
- ROZMAN, Ivan, VAJDE HORVAT, Romana, GYÖRKÖS, József, HERIČKO, Marjan. PROCESSUS - Integration of SEI CMM and ISO quality models. Software quality journal, ISSN 0963-9314. [Print ed.], March 1997, vol. 6, no. 1, str. 37-63.